Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Express Yourself - Favorite Family Recipe

Express Yourself  is a weekly meme hosted by myself and Jackie. It's goal is to help our fellow bloggers get to know one another better by being nosey of course.

Each week we will find something different to post about. It will correlate with writing, blogging, and life in general. Then, we hope, you’ll follow suit and post what it is that motivates you.


This weeks question:

Nov. 24-28: What's your favorite family recipe or meal?


My favorite thing to make for gatherings is Broccoli Casserole.





I use:
3-4 16oz. bags of broccoli florets
1 16oz. cottage cheese
1 block of velvetta cheese
2 tbs flour

Mix all of the ingredients either in a crockpot or mix in a bowl and pour into a crockpot (doesn't matter to me how you do it).

I usually let it cook for about 2+ hours, depending on how tender I want my broccoli. I usually like it a soupy consistency.

Then serve and enjoy. It's good during the cold winter months.





4 comments:

  1. I love your broccoli casserole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the recipe, but I always loved my mom's stroganoff. She always made it with little pieces of steak, rather than ground beef. Which my husband thinks is just odd. But it was one of those dishes that I always overate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brocoli and I love cottage cheese and velveta cheese too!! I think it sounds like a pretty awesome concoction! I'm gonna try it!!! Thank you!! It sounds so easy too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, broccoli casserole!! Our church friend invited us to Thanksgiving this year. She made it with (I think) Velveeta and rice. It was loooove! lol

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!