Friday, September 13, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things & Spooktoberfest


Calm down people, calm down! I know it's Friday and you are all excited to get out of here and on with your weekends but lets hear what everyone is excited about this week ok?!   VikLit always puts on a great Friday celebration! 
This week... 


  • My father-in-law is having his ceremony for his promotion to Chief (Air Force) on Sunday. That's exciting and very respectable! Salute!
  • And last but definitely NOT least...


With the oncoming of the spookiest holiday of the year, Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and myself are bringing sexy back – er – SPOOKTOBERFEST back this October. We had a great turnout last year and gave away some amazing prizes!

2013 Requirements:

1. Follow us - Dani and Jax, if you don’t already. We love meeting new bloggers, and we do follow back.
2. Your Flash Fiction piece should be between 300 - 500 words. It can be scary, funny, action-packed, romantic, or whatever you choose. Just let your creativity flow!
3. You must choose 3 of the 6  words listed below to include in your flash fiction piece…

WRETCH (ED)
IMPEDING
ALIEN (S)
SKELETON (S)
POTION (S)
MASK (S)

 
4.  Highlight those 3 words in your story so we can find them.
5. Choose at least 1 of the 4 pictures below to BE THE SETTING for your flash fiction piece.

Forest/Woods (source)


Mine/Cave (source)


Stairs/Stairwell (courtesy of Jackie)

Road/Lane (courtesy of Jackie)

6. Post your piece any day from Friday Oct 25th thru Monday, Oct. 28th.
7. It’s a blog hop, so… hop around to other participating blogs and leave some awesome comments.
8. We'll announce the winners on Thurs Oct. 31, 2013 - Halloween! Jackie and I will each choose a winner. You read that right – two winners!
9. Have fun!!!

Side note - not required: If you have a twitter account and have the extra time - go ahead and send out a tweet letting us know you have posted your submission (this step is very helpful for us). Below is our @ accounts and the hashtag.
#Spooktoberfest

PRIZES: A grab bag (more like a box of stuff) and candy. The winners will get the biggest bags we can find of their favorite candy along with some spookified items.
Oh, and yes, this blogfest is international. So what are you ghouls waiting for? Sign up using the Linky Thing below and spread the word!


12 comments:

  1. I'm going to do that HP test when I get home! :)
    Woot for Spooktoberfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I must take this test, I must! The Spooktoberfest sounds awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait. Sounds like fun! Sharing on our blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay- now I need to think of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pictures, I already have a few ideas for my piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always great to find new ways to enjoy our interests. :) I'll be thinking on that blogfest. Not so sure yet. Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this questionnaire on facebook. Best of luck with the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, what a fun blogfest! I'd love to participate, but the only kind of writing I do anymore is of the comic strip variety, so I'll have to sit this one out and see what everyone else comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your father in law ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is when I wished blogger was more friendly to pre-written posts. (Allowing you to grab the urls before published.) *sigh* I'm so in, but won't be able to add to the linky for a while. Super awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!