Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Memes, Bloghops, Blogfests, & Books

Oh, it’s only the first month of the post-apocalyptic year and there is sooooo much going on in the Bloggerverse.
Let’s see if I can do this in an orderly fashion, shall we…
First up… MEME’s!
Every week Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and myself host Express Yourself. It’s a weekly meme that comes with a Banner that has topics for us talk about each week. We ask a question that evokes more than a simple yes or no. This is our way of getting to know our fellow bloggers better.
Then of course you have the Ninja’s, Alex J. Cavanaugh and his monthly Insecure Writers Support Group. This takes place the first Wednesday of every month. The title is just what it means – we support one another through our writing woes and triumphs. It’s a pick-me-up and a high-five rolled into one.
Two new MEME’s I’ve joined…
Celebrate the Small Things comes to us from Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. Each Friday, post in your blog something you wish to celebrate achieving / doing that week. It can be anything from writing to reading to a simple life thing as cleaning out a sock drawer.
Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams is putting on Monthly Reading Challenge. Each month Kelly will post a new challenge for the month. These challenges won't be too difficult: just one book per month. Come back each month to see what the new Monthly Challenge – pretty simple if you ask me. OPTIONAL: Post a review of the book.


COMING UP BLOGHOPS / FESTS
Jan. 27th – 28th Some Dark Romantic is hosting the Lunar Lovin’ Hop! Take a pic of the moon on the 27th and post it on the 28th. Badda Bing Badda Boom!
Jan. 28th  Steve Tremp, Elise Fallson, Carolyn Brown and Mark Koopmans are co-hosting Re-Introduce Myself. So on January 28th, feel free to take a moment and share something interesting about yourself. It can be anything. It can be about writing, or blogging or life.
Jan. 28th – Feb. 1st Sharon Bayliss is hosting The World Building Blogfest. Take your novel “world” and in a week, break it down in geography, cultures, religions, history, etc.
Feb 14th – On the most romantic days of the year, Precious Monsters is hosting Vampire Bites Bloghop. It’s all about vamps.
Feb. 18th – 20th Elise Fallson and Michelle @ Writer in Transit are hosting She Said What?! Click on their names to learn about the comic strips.
March 1st M. Pax, Suze @ Subliminal Coffee, and Nicki Elson, for the Back From the Future Blogfest. If you were to send yourself a shoebox sized package from the future, what would it hold?

April – We should ALL know what April entails! A to Z Challenge. 26 days of pure blogging fun!
Yesterday I went to the library and grabbed a small stash of books to read. I’ve been wanting to get me hands on them and my moment has come!
Read on!

13 comments:

  1. Wow. There's a lot of blogfests I'll have to check out. I only knew about a few of them.

    I actually getting excited about AtoZ. It's my first, and I've been working up the posts. Gotta plan ahead, I could never pull it together a few weeks before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Best links evvver. I didn't know about all this stuff!

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check some of these out...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many cool things going on. Thanks for the reminder about the re-introducing yourself blogfest. I've already signed up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Legend, but not the other two, though they look intriguing, for sure. I hadn't heard of Sharon's blog fest. Thanks!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to do! I'm doing a couple of these but no way I could keep up with many of them. A to Z will be keeping me busy enough.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  7. great stuff! and Legend was intense!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that I can get all my important news here. It's fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great update! Thank you for all the blog/fests/memes etc information! Might have to join in on a couple of them. Let me know how you liked the books. I enjoyed Legend and want to read article 5.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for mentioning my wee bloghop here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there Dani! Thank you bunches for adding our bloghop to your list of shout-outs. We appreciate it, and sorry it's taken me so long to get over here! Twitter was a good reminder. (:

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!