Thursday, February 2, 2012

[●REC]

Okay... So it's time for my weekly featured horror spotlight. Once a week I try to bring-to-light some zombie || walking dead || undead || horror fact that has caught my attention. This week is no different.


[●REC] Franchise



[●REC] - is a 2007 Spanish horror film co-written and co-directed by Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza


The film was remade, practically shot-for-shot, in the United States as the 2008 film Quarantine. A sequel, titled REC 2 was released in 2009, and two more films in the franchise are planned.





[●REC]² - is the 2009 horror film sequel to 2007's REC


[●REC]3: Génesis - is an upcoming Spanish horror film sequel to 2009's REC 2 and third film of the REC series. Release date - March 30, 2012
[●REC]4 Apocalypse - this film will end the saga with the infection spreading to unknown proportions. The film has an expected release date of fall of 2012 or 2013.









Reception
REC 2 received generally positive reviews with a "fresh" 69% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, based on 61 reviews. Some critics, however, have given the film very high praise: Little White Lies gave the film 4/5 and called it "The greatest zombie sequel since Dawn of the Dead." Empire magazine also awarded the film 4 stars. Simon Cook summarised the film as "A hectic, hellish sequel that blends daring new ideas with a primal zombie wallop." Not all critics were as positive; the Daily Mirror awarded the film 2 stars, with reviewer David Edwards stating it was "a bit of a W[rec]k."


However since it is in Spanish; I'm willing to tough it through the sub-titles are learn to understand it cause these movies look terrifying. And I love me some terrifying horror movies.
Anybody want to join me?

1 comment:

  1. I saw both the US and Spanish version of REC/Quarantine. Didn't think they added anything new to the zombie/virus genre.

    ReplyDelete

I heart me some good comments... and pumpkin spice latte's too!